2016 PL Week Ten


Welcome back, friends! This week I am SO excited to share my Week 10 layout with Studio Calico's March Homespun documenter kit. I am so in love with this kit and I love the way it turned out! I wish I could take credit for all of it, but, to be completely honest, a really well-designed kit perfectly to your taste makes it a lot easier to put together a good layout! Read on for details!


I couldn't decide on a single color scheme this week, so I decided not to decide and throw in that rainbow card to tie it all together. I also did not use my usual week number card because of that awesome yellow "3" March card that I stamped the dates on. 




The one main story I told was my new obsession with getting up early so I wrote "up and at 'em" with the red alphas from the kit and the ampersand is from the add-on. The alphas are very limited, so I am trying to stretch them!


One of my favorite things about the kit was the rubber words. I think of it as a "statement" embellishment that really adds some *punch* to the page. I tried to wrap this rubber words around the coffee cup. I also had second thoughts about that white puffy star I added to the center of my coffee cup, but once it was down, it was down and there was no moving it!


Here is a closeup of the March card with a few embellishments and a photo of my doggie! I used one of the kraft/silver labels and added some of the green star puffy stickers and tiny attached it. Just a little something to add to that photo.


Love this *SILVER* foiled card! I am so over the gold trend so silver was super-welcome! The sentiment also fit with my new awesome morning-person lifestyle :P I embellished a bit with the puffy star stickers, washi tape, and a label. 

You can see a little bit of the yellow heart paperclip on the photo below the "Be Awesome Today" card. I got that from Citrus Twist. I have never used an embellishment like this but I like the texture it adds and how it crosses over pockets.

That's it for this week! Pretty straightforward and I LOVE the way the cards all work together! thanks for reading!

Comments