How do I digital stamp...?


I bought my first set of digital stamps! I chose Kellie Stamps because she was having a sale and I thought it would be a good time to dip my toe into the digital scene. Plus, her designs are perfect for Project Life style scrapping. I picked up this AM PM set. (There are also a few free digital stamp downloads available online, but I find that they're less common than other freebies, like journal cards or fonts.) The other thing about Kellie Stamps is that I feel like she makes it accessible to non-techie people and her design team is top notch!


I wasn't sure exactly how to use digital stamps or even what exactly they are! In short, they're like overlays for your photos and you can manipulate them to be different colors, sizes, opacity, etc. There is just so much you can do with them that you can't do with traditional stamps because of the size limitations.

I saw a really helpful and informative video by Dearly Dee where she explains lots of different ways to use digital stamps, besides just overlaying them with photos. I definitely recommend watching this!

The only problem is that I don't have Photoshop. So I am planning on using Picmonkey to make it work for me. Here is a tutorial for how to use the stamps with Picmonkey. You can also use apps on your phone.

Recently, Kellie Stamps had a challenge to use her stamps to create a journal card. I added these stamps to my Silhouette Studio and made a print and cut file, which is just incredible NASA-level technology and I definitely recommend getting familiar with it if you have a Silhouette and haven't tried it!

I am still learning and trying out new techniques. I'll see if digital stamping is something I want to stick with, but I know I am going to give it a shot by incorporating these stamps into a few weekly spreads to see if it sticks. Here is an example of how I used the digital stamps on my in-process week 12 layout. I like how it gives the photos context!



 Thanks for reading and learning with me!

Comments

  1. I live the repetition across the photos. An easy way to tie a bunch of unrelated things together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love you journal cards! I must try the print and cut method - so far all I do is use them in PS. Thanks for joining my blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know this was a thing- digital stamping. I like me how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos. love the repetition across them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so technology challenged these days. Can this old dog learn how to digital stamp fairly quickly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, if you want to! It's no harder than basic photo editing. Check out the PicMonkey tutorial and give it a shot! PicMonkey has some free overlays you can play with to see if you like it. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment