Lifehacks for Scrappers

This is just a little "life hack" (or "craft hack"?) for easily cutting out labels that come in some cut apart sheets. Here are the Citrus Twist cut-aparts that are included in every month's kit. I LOVE THEM! I used to scan it in and print it with Scan and Cut through my Silhouette but that got to be a little tedious. So I decided to cut them by hand in March. I am getting so much better at cutting straight lines with scissors, instead of the paper trimmer, but I could never get the indented corners of the labels just right! So here's a little walk through of how I do it now.


Grab your scissors and cut out your label in a square, not worrying about the corners.


Grab a normal hole punch, like from an office supply store.


Use the hole punch to punch out the corners of the label. (This is not rocket science.)


Voila! A perfectly cut label with rounded corners!


Your label is ready to be used for journaling, stamping, embellishing, whatever!


So, that was a long explanation for a not-very-long or complicated process, but I wanted to share because I always like to think of new ways to use stuff I already have!

Comments

  1. Why have I never thought to do this? Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Tip. I would have never thought of that, so cool of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great tip, I've marked my circle punch in quarters to do this on a larger scale.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment