Scraptastic TLN April

Photo from Scraptastic website
So I have been on the hunt for a new pocket-style kit club after I decided to move on from Studio Calico (not that I won't pick up kits on sale because I still love their designs! But it was time for me to try something different). I looked at Cocoa DaisyGossamer Blue, and Scraptastic. I decided to go with Scraptastic because I felt like you got a good value for the price and I liked their designs a lot. Also, there is no commitment period, so it was easy to make the decision to try it out and see how it worked for me. At Scraptastic, they call their pocket style kit "This Life Noted."

I had a lot of questions and Jessica, the owner, answered every single one happily and quickly and was just a pleasure to deal with.  I like that there is white (no cream) and bright colors and flair! Also the free printables are incredible!

I have to say, though, that I felt like the colors on the Scraptastic website were a little... off. They all seemed to have this super-saturated look to them and all the yellows looked the same and all the blues looked the same. It was like the photos were of digital items, not of the actual paper. I thought it would be helpful to photograph the kit in another kind of light to see if it would help. This may just be my issue, as I can be kind of dumb about that stuff. Whatever concerns I had about the colors, though, were totally wrong and I LOVE how the kit looks in person!

Just a little note- I got both Citrus Twist and Studio Calico kits for April, so getting the Scraptastic was my third kit for the month and possibly overkill! I took a little trip to Charlotte to visit a friend and her new baby and I decided to use this kit for that little book and I will definitely be sharing it with you all shortly!


I loved these vellum numbers that came in the kit. This is what I would call a "statement embellishment" because it's not something you see every day and it can really be the focus of a pocket, or even a whole page! They are only about 2" tall but they definitely pack a punch. The 1-4 are missing because I couldn't help my self and started putting together my album before I took these photos. I used them to mark the days of my trip.

Also, I don't think it was entirely clear from the photo of the kit on the website but this is an awesome stamp set! You can really never have enough alpha sets and these are a classic block set. I already used them and they stamp wonderfully! The set is about 4x3 and the letters are 1/2" tall- perfect for pocket pages!

These are the die cuts that come with the kit. I love the little birdies! They are approaching "cutesy" to me, which is not a look that I love, but the colors are saturated and bright and the flowers aren't quite Maggie Holmes level frilly, so I will definitely use them. They are about as un-frilly as flower die cuts can be!

These are the flair, acrylic pieces, and wood veneers. The flairs and wood veneer are nice and flat so they don't bulk up your album very much. I like how generic the phrases are, so they work with lots of different stories and styles of pages.


These are little confetti phrase stickers and a package of Pinkfresh for Scraptastic foiled epoxy stickers. These are so versatile and I especially love the pops of black.


Here are some of the 3x4 cards from the kit. I had already used several in my book before I photographed them. You can see, there is an awesome variation in color, yet they all still coordinate. On some of them, the back is a different color and on some, they are completely different. I have to add that these cards are incredibly thick and smooth! The paper is such good quality. I was really surprised by this! I never thought much about it, but it is definitely easier to slide a stiffer card into a pocket than a flimsier card. I especially saw the difference when I used the card to back some memorabilia and it held together really well. It may be a small thing but it gives you a feel for the quality of this kit.


These are the 4x6 cards. 


These are two 4x6 cut aparts made from that same heavy paper as the 3x4 and 4x6 cards.


Like I said, one of the main selling points for me for Scraptastic was their free digital files. Not only do you get the files for your subscription for that month, once you're a subscriber, you get access to ALL of the files for ALL of the kit types (traditional scrapbooking [2 each month] and This Life Noted) for ALL of the months! It's such an incredible resource, really! Anything you like, just download it! I downloaded the April TLN kit files and used my Cameo to print and cut both the embellishments and an entire sheet of color coordinated labels. There are also normal cut files in every month's kit. I cannot stress enough how cool this is!

So that's the April kit. I hope you found this helpful and definitely recommend giving Scraptastic a try if you like their style!

Comments

  1. Lots and lots of loveliness, can't wait to see the album you make with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pocket scrap, but I do love these pieces. The die cuts are my favorite. They may be too cutesy for my normal style, but with the little girls in my family, I think I could make them work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that's cute stuff! Thanks for posting it; I enjoyed seeing every little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that's cute stuff! Thanks for posting it; I enjoyed seeing every little bit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment