Thoughts about my process and keeping it simple


Hi, everyone! Today is Sunday. I don't have any out-of-the-house plans so normally I would dedicate the day to scrapping. But we are possibly moving soon so I want to dedicate as much time as possible doing some projects around the house to prep for that. So, that got me thinking about how I'll be tackling my 2016 PL album from here, as well as other albums I'm working on, and my new foray into planning. It's a little overwhelming when life-work impedes on creative-work and something needs to take a backseat!


I just realized something. While I would much rather be sitting at my desk, using my Silhouette, fussy cutting papers, carefully laying down alphas, and typing up my journaling, sometimes there just is no time. I have said before how annoying I find it when people say "just slap some cards in the pockets and you're done! It's so easy and fast!" because I never wanted to be fast, I wanted to spend my time and have fun doing it! It was never supposed to feel like a chore!

But in this new time-crunched environment, I am SO THANKFUL for the PL format and all of the lovely cards and embellishments available to me. I can do this project quickly or slowly and it still looks cool. So these next few weeks, I'll be doing it quickly because I'm being pulled in a bunch of different directions and that's okay! I won't have the guilt of "being behind" and I'll be able to document all of the exciting changes happening in my life right now.

So that's it. Just a little lightbulb for me! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for my "streamlined" pages in the next few months.

Comments

  1. The year I did PL, when May hit I didn't do it every week and almost went to an "event highlight" format. Summer is always just too crazy busy, so I think it's wise to take it a little easier to be able to keep up, but still make pages you love to make! good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, its kinda annoying when people make project life seem as easy as slipping cards into a pocket... I often have a harder time with PL layouts over traditional scrapbooking. Fast isn't fun to me, I enjoy putting in the time and effort in my work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about making things work for you, so this is awesome. It's the memories that matter most, and you'll be back to the joys of it before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment