Beyonce Lemonade tour mini album


Hi and thanks for checking in! I am sharing a project that I am SOOOO excited about! for some background info, a few weeks ago, I went to a Beyonce concert (AHHHMAHHHZING!) in Pittsburgh with a friend. That friend also happens to be pregnant. And she's calling her bun in the oven Beignet. I saw a minibook on the Citrus Twist website and I thought "hey! I have those supplies! I could do this!" so I decided to make the mini book to give to my friend at her baby shower. 


Here are a bunch of pictures.

Cover page: I cut out LEMONADE with my silhouette and printed "beignet's first Beyonce concert" on vellum and layered it over some patterned paper. I ended up covering the vellum part with packing tape because the ink started flaking off the vellum and also to give it some strength to withstand use for years to come! I also added a little tassel from a Studio Calico planner kit to the binder ring.


The next page is a "love" die cut I had from a previous Citrus Twist kit layered over a pocket page stuffed with confetti from the concert. This is a bit of an inside joke because when the confetti came down, I started grabbing it like a participant in a moneybooth game show and when my friend looked at me like I was nuts I said "IT'S FOR THE SCRAPBOOK!" Tell me you all can't understand that!


Here's a closeup.

All of the pages were made by attaching a white index card to a Christmas card I got about a billion of in my Studio Calico warehouse box. So the front side is white and the back is a plain grid. I used some splatter in yellow on every card and then started layering my papers. I sewed basically everything down to add texture.


Here is a closeup of the paper layering.

I used some stamping on this page and used some die cuts from old kits.


Some of the little bits are cut aparts from Citrus Twist kits.

Some more paper layering. I liked how all the blues came together on this one.


Another closeup.

Some sparkly heart stickers, cut aparts from Scraptastic and Citrus Twist, and a puffy sticker.


Another puffy sticker, some paper layering, and a cut aparts from Scraptastic. I really dig through the stash of random bits laying on my desk!


The papers in the Citrus Twist kit were perfect for cutting apart. These are some circles cut from the pattern layered over a rectangle and sewed down. The puffy sticker is from Pinkfresh. I layered it over a bit of pink twine and stuck it down.




A closeup of the circles.

I put both of these photos on this page layered over more paper with a word sticker.

This is the final page. Beyonce has a single "Sorry" where she says "I ain't sorry" so I thought the sorry not sorry wood veneer was perfect and when the heck else am I going to use that...? The "and delight reigned" was so perfect for this picture because Beyonce is looking out over her adoring fans.

Here is a closer look at the last page.

Thanks for reading, everyone! I hope you liked it!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a cute mini album, and you used so many cute little pieces in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! It turned out so wonderfully. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment