2016 PL Week Twenty Three

Hi, and thanks for checking in! I'm back with my Week 23 PL spread. I am about a month behind (which is crazy for me!). I fell behind when I started diversifying my crafty portfolio to layouts and planning! (Also, life stuff and Pokemon...) But I am determined to keep up and make it through this year! Read on for info on this two-pager.


The left hand page is mostly just about a normal week. Work, workouts, and politics. I used the April Studio Calico Documenter kit and went with a blue and red color scheme. It came together pretty quickly and I only did a minimum of embellishing. I started with the word die cuts (loving, watching, wanting, etc) and then found filler cards to put them on. I hand-wrote journaling on two cards, made a simple title card, and called it done!

The right hand side is my FAVORITE! Probably because of all of the blue. This whole page is from a 3-hour trip we took to a beach at a lake a bit of a drive from our house. It was too much for an insert, so I just made it its own page. I added the filler cards with red on them to tie it in with the page before and I love it! My favorite part is the shaker pocket. I used my Big Shot to cut out an ampersand die and filled the pocket with bronze sequins. I thought the color combo worked with the sand and water theme. I sewed up the top with my sewing machine because I was too impatient to wait for my fuse to heat up!

So that's it! Just keeping it super simple and loving the results! Thanks for reading!


Comments

  1. Great pages. My favorite part is the shaker pocket - LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment