Great Outdoors traveler's notebook layout


Hello! Today I'm sharing a TN layout I made and shared on instagram of some photos taken during my daily walks with our dog. We've had some weird weather here (rain, then suddenly sunshine, and some fog), so I thought I would combine them into one layout about the joys of being outside.


I love the minimal grid look, so I put down a strip of ledger paper from my stash and try to keep the rest of embellishments to a minimum. I used Kelly Purkey shop Garden Girl and Feed Your Craft Wander stamp sets to set the outdoorsy tone. I only used 2 colors of ink, black and green.


Some bits of the stamping are intentionally imperfect, like the shading on the leaf in "this" and some of the green stamping that was a first stamp and second stamp. I like the way it makes the layout look "vintage," if that makes any sense!


However, I did make a big stamping mistake and had to cover it up. This "outside" tab and label is covering up a second stamp of "the great outdoors" that I tried to put up there to pull the spread off of the ledger paper a little bit. It ended up looking terrible! Luckily I had this tab (in the perfect color with the perfect word) from a Scraptastic printable in my label jar, so it worked out. I added the "this" on the top right as an afterthought to try and spread out the interest of this page.

I really like the look of multiple small photos on a page and I am going to continue to work on my minimalist look. Thanks for reading!


Comments