Have Your Cake Traveler's Notebook Layout and Process Video


Hi! Today I'm sharing a simple layout in my TN documenting the first anniversary eating of wedding cake. (Spoiler alert- cake is not good after being frozen for a year!)


Since the photo had no color scheme at all, I decided to pull some of these coral-y red embellishments in my stash. I used a 3x3 card, some labels, a chipboard and a lot of stamping.


I stamped the title using Kelly Purkey small alphas and I love the little designs that come with them for layering. I stamped in blue and layered in Studio Calico Coral Bay ink. I LOVE the way that ink layers!


I had a little trouble filling in with embellishments so I did a bit more stamping with other Kelly Purkey stamps and added two little embellishment clusters with pops of blue and coral. Since my journaling was done on the computer, it was pretty simple. But, I have to say, it didn't go quickly. I am still adjusting to being more minimalist in my layouts and choosing which embellishments to use sometimes takes mroe time than just using them all!

Thanks so much for reading and watching, the video is below.


Comments

  1. I really really dig this. I'm feeling so inspired to start a TN.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment