30 Days of Gratitude || Days 1 & 2 Process Video


Hi, guys! I got my first 2 days of 30 Days of Gratitude finished and in my album. My fuse tool definitely got a workout on this one! I talked about my plans for this project in this video so check that out if you want a closer look at my whole album and the supplies I gathered for it.

The first page is about my friends. Since these pockets are such an odd size, I had to get a bit creative to get my supplies to fit.



I typed my journaling and cut it into strips and glued it to the large card at the bottom of the layout. I also fussy cut tons of flowers and layered them to fill up the gap left because the pocket was wider than my 6x6 paper.


At the top right, I used my fuse to layer in some star sequins and a sticker. On the left, I floated a 3x4 PL card in the middle of the tall page protector. I thought that this page was going to be a bit busy so the white space above and below helped calm the whole thing down.



By the time I was done with the front, the back was nearly done. While fusing, I had to keep in mind my layout for the back page and, since I did, the back was nearly done by the time I was ready to work on it.


This second page, loosely following Elise's prompts, is "something your personality." It's about grit and tenacity. I stamped a "2" from a Kelly Purkey kit and, after trying and failing to handwrite "grit" in the space, I covered it up with a tiny word sticker that says "just go."


While my journaling isn't intensely personal, I liked the idea of an interactive element, so I used one of the bags from the packaging of the Many Thanks kit and typed my journaling to fit inside. I adhered the envelope outside of the page protector, so it can be opened easily.

This layout was quite a bit of work and, even though I love the way it came out, I might have to change my approach if I want to keep up with it! I'll try to be back in a few days with a few more pages and we will see where this project takes me. The process video is below, thanks so much for watching!


Comments

Post a Comment