Netflix & Thrill Traveler's Notebook Layout and Process Video


Hi! Today i'm sharing another process video of a layout in my December traveler's notebook. This one is about binge watching the Netflix show Dark, which is amazing! I took a lot of cues from the poster and the show itself to make this layout.


I was so glad to be able to use the paper on the left side. I thought it would sit in my stash forever, but this was a perfect opportunity! The show is all about a cae in the woods (creepy, right?) so the woodgrain was perfect and the yellow set off the jacket in the photo perfectly. What luck!


Another thing I thought was awfully clever was using the fold over method in the corner to play up the mystery aspect of the show. The plot definitely had layers, so I liked the nod to it in folding over the edge to reveal a dark tangled mess in that paper. Maybe I'm too into it, but I thought that a was perfect metaphor!


The layout needed just a it of interest and a home for my third "embellishment cluster" so I added some gray word stickers in the top right to bring in some of the gray from the paper.

I am so pleased with how this came out and I think it definitely tells a story about the show. Thanks so much for reading and watching- the video is below.




Comments