2016 PL Week Fourteen


Hello everyone! Back today to share my Week Fourteen pocket page weekly layout using Citrus Twist's April kit, Santorini
This month's Citrus Twist kit is a good mix of these bright reds/yellows/greens and some pastel blues and pinks. For this spread, I decided to use the green and red looks because of some of the colors in the bottom right photo. I'm not going to lie to you, it was a bit of a challenge as these colors are so unusual! But I trusted in the kit and pulled together a layout that I think complements my photos!


One of the things that I liked a lot was a 6x6 patterned paper that could also be a cut-apart. I cut out this phrase "you are free to fly away" and "today tomorrow always" from it. I like the pop of color and I like the font and the sayings. Winner in my book! I also really liked the yellow dot patterned paper. The dots are ombre so it kind of looks like champagne bubbles floating up and up. I put it next to the airplane picture! Up up and away! This photo represents a trip I took to Charlotte. I have about a billion more photos, but I am doing a separate mini album, so I just needed one in my weekly album.


There was a yellow and red hand-painted look paper in the kit (there is also a gorgeous coordinating paper in blue/purple/white). It was VERY bright but it also matched my color scheme. I could not add it as it was, but I knew I wanted to incorporate the colors, so I cut out a 3x4 card from the 6x6 paper and layered vellum on top to tone down the brightness. I just stapled it with my tiny attacher, and then I added green alphas on top to spell "Charlotte" because that's where I was for most of the week! 

The card on the right is a transparency I bought from the Citrus Twist shop, and it does not come with the kit. I layered a piece of white paper behind it because I didn't think I wanted it to show through to my next page, which kind of defeats the point of the transparency, but I liked the colors and the phrase and the little pop of gold. It's also an interesting texture!

Because everything was so super-bright and saturated in this week's spread, I decided to keep the embellishing to a minimum to keep it from being overwhelming. I added a label from the cut-apart sheet, a puffy heart, and a tiny bit of stamping.

That's it! Super simple this week in bright colors! Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Great fresh colours makes this page pop. I'm only doing PL app layouts, but loving how quick it makes putting together a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange words. They really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. You've worked the colors fabulously.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment