Mini album pages and process video



Hi! Today I'm sharing a process video for these 2 spreads in my vacation mini album. As I work on this album, I am trying to keep it "minimalist" and let my photos speak for themselves.


The first spread of the two posed a problem, as my initial plan to stamp on the photo with my hat didn't work out. I moved on to the second spread and when I came back to the first, I decided to leave it as-is. I didn't add any embellishments to those two pages. Whatever design aesthetic you are trying to portray, sometimes the things you decide NOT to do can be as important as the things you decide to do. Any embellishing on these pages, to my mind, would compete with the content of the photos and the sentiment in the 4x6 card. It was a tough choice and it felt very strange, but I think it was the right one for the look I'm going for.


For the second spread, I had this paper in my stash for a long time and these monstera leaves are a theme in this album (see the process video for the first pages here) and are quintessentially summery. I only added a white chipboard piece on the large 6x8 paper and then fussy cut one of the leaves and layered it on a simple grid card. 


I carefully chose washi tape colors that matched the paper and added them to the other simple journaling card.

I am really happy with how this mini album is coming together and it's an exciting challenge to intentionally evolve my style and apply some critical thought to my design choices. The video is below, thanks so much for watching and reading!




Comments