Bloom Traveler's Notebook Layout and Process Video

Hello! Today I'm sharing a process video for this TN layout. I saw this photo on my instagram feed and did a screenshot. I am really enjoying scrapbooking political things, but I am also really into the floral explosion look, so I thought this would be a good way to put that into action. Also, the colors are gorgeous. I love it when something crosses my path that inspires me to create!


I had this paper from the Gossamer Blue warehouse box (the contents of which I also used here, here, and here) and it matched the photo perfectly! I also happened to have some leaf wood veneers, some purple ephemera, and these felt doilies in coordinating colors.



I wanted to incorporate some green to bring in the green from the paper and play up the nature theme of the spread. I stamped some leaves and fussy cut them and used them as embellishments.


I really like how this looks with the embellishments popping out of the pocket. I like the layout a lot, but if I could do it again, I would use less of the bold paper and leave more white space. I'm really trying to work on keeping my layouts from being too busy because I am so in love with that crisp, minimalist look! But I just love playing with my goodies so much that I can't help myself!

Thanks for reading/watching. The video is below- Enjoy!

Comments